Saint Catherine Academy is a co-educational day school for children with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities that is a state approved private special education school in the Diocese of Bridgeport. Saint Catherine Academy may accept students from ages 5 to 21. Saint Catherine Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions practices and the administration of need-based tuition assistance.
Criteria for admission
Saint Catherine Academy enrolls students whose cognitive ability level indicates the need for a functional academic and life skills program. Students who are emotionally sound, motivated to learn and able to function in small groups yet are unable to thrive in an inclusive setting are eligible for consideration. Students may be referred by parents seeking an alternative or by a school district seeking an external placement.
How to apply:
- Schedule a visit: Parents and school district personnel are encouraged to visit school. There are several Open Houses available.
- Submit an application with a current IEP and any psycho-social testing results; reports from classroom teachers, speech, occupational or physical therapists and a current health record.
- Schedule a student visit: The student will spend half a day with our students and staff. This is important to assess the appropriateness of the placement.
- Acceptance is on a rolling admission basis. Students may be accepted to Saint Catherine Academy throughout the school year as space allows.
- Admission decisions are made independent of financial need. Once a student is admitted, parents may request an application of tuition assistance. This process is for parent-placed students only.